Saturday 4 August 2007

Yeah Etsy



I set up my Etsy shop this week . You can now visit me at www.lupincottage.etsy.com this where I'll be selling my hand made jewellery and hand crafted knitting projects from now on. I'm so excited.
Its taken a while but now I'm able to start selling some of my things. It'll be a relief to Dino when he gets back, as I've started taking over the second bedroom with overfill from my studio.

I've only listed three items so far in my Etsy shop. This afternoon, after I've finished repainting my lounge I'll be listing more pretty things for sale.

The toughest thing about setting up my new shop was the pricing as I wanted everything affordable but because of all the time that's spent knitting and finishing each item I'd like to make some thing out of it too. Dino doesn't think I'll even make minimum wage with the things I make so going part time at work seems a long way off at the moment.

I've been finding it really hard to find outlets in Derby to sell my things which is why etsy is such a bonus. I'm so jealous when I read other peoples blogs and they show pictures of the fabulous craft fairs they've been to. Where I live you have carboot sales or craft fairs that don't have any actual crafting its so frustrating.

Other things I've finished this week include 3 cafetiere covers and one set of cushions. They've turned out quite well this picture doesn't really do them justice but I'm so pleased with them I had to show you anyway. I'm even thinking of redecorating the spare room so I can keep them.

1 comment:

julie said...

Hi Sarah
Good luck with the new etsy shop. It seems like a great place to 'meet' buyers interested in beautiful, unique hanmade items and with that in mind you should do well - nice work!