Tuesday 7 August 2007

Dino's Home, cakes, knitting and presents


Dino arrived home last night at 12.30 after spending a week at his mums'. He's come home loaded with presents for me from his mum and sister and lots of lovely flavoured vodka which is my drink of choice especially during the summer as well as a bottle of gin which maybe started this weekend if the weather stays nice. Unfortunately he's back at work this morning and he didn't have a lift to work so I was back up at five to drive miles down the A38 and then back again.



This is a beaded table center piece his sister made I'm not sure where its going yet but I love it.

I had to stay awake to pick him up from the train station last night so after my power nap I decided to start a new bag.

This is being knitted in a bright pillar box red mohair I managed to get quite a lot of it knitted last night. So it should be all finished by the weekend and ready to go in my shop with the rest of my bags this weekend.
Once I've got this finished I will get organized with my jewelery and start measuring and writing descriptions so it can all be added to my shop.

I'm on afternoons today at work so this morning I've baked muffins for Dino as he was very disappointed there weren't any cookies in my cookie tin last night. I to make my cupcakes I followed Nigellas recipe as she's the goddess of cup cakes.

I always think in my head that they are going to end up as perfectly presented as Nigellas when i start to decorate but I always seam to fall a little short. Today I had a disaster when the top fell off my cake decorating sprinkles and all the different toppings ended up all mixed up so most of my cakes ended up like this;

They still taste yummy.

No comments: