Thursday 4 October 2007

Organisation at last

I've managed to write descriptions for all my finished and almost finished scarfs this morning and get all my photos taken.

It was one one those jobs I'd been putting of as I like the crafting side of things but not actually describing my bits and pieces, all the measuring and faffing seems like a job that can be done tomorrow when I've got new things in my head to make today. Another thing that had been delaying me was the fact I like to craft during the day, I kept missing the sunshine on my days off but today I got up early and got organised.

My brothers getting on well with my new shop but I didn't realise how long it would take but now he's got all my photos and he's working on it this weekend.

I'm sorry to mention the Christmas word but I've also started making some decorations big felted white mohair pom poms I didn't cut them too exactly, so they'd look a bit scruffy like real snowballs. I've then threaded the pom poms on green ribbon and then i added jingle bells and vintage button details.

I love these but I can't decide to wrap them around my tree or to string them across my mantel piece. The night mares of Christmas decorating but now I've two reception rooms I'm able to theme each room which I know is sad but it keeps me happy. I think I'm getting a bit excited better stop talking about Christmas.

Well it is officially the end of the summer and time for the last fresh blackberry tart of the season. I've not got a finished tart picture as we wolfed this down as soon as it came out the oven. It also had windfall apples in it it was lovely and I can't wait for blackberry season next year.


My lovely husband has also been cooking for us, a leek, feta and spinach pie wrapped in flaky pastry.It was perfect for a cold Sunday afternoon after a morning doing lots of heavy gardening work.

His mum taught him to make this at home in Yugoslavia she also does a gorgeous sweet pumpkin pie that she made especially for me last time I visited.

Well now I'm going to love you and leave you as I've fairy cakes to make, a chicken to roast and I'm having a go at making some honeycomb after seeing Nigellas on Monday night.

3 comments:

Just Original said...

Hope the fairy cakes were good!
The scarfs are beautiful!

Vanessa x

lupin cottage designs said...

Thanks for the comment vanessa.The cupcakes turned into butterfly cakes and were eaten with the hour by my husband and brother who enjoyed them.

lupin cottage designs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.