Sunday 14 October 2007

Sunday is meringue day

To day it's my turn to have the family round for lunch so I'm busy creating in the kitchen today and not in my studio.


I'm really going all out as It's ages since we all got together I've made broccoli and Stilton soup for starters. Followed by a beef and red wine stew or a pumpkin gratin for the veggies


I think I may of gone a bit over the top with the desserts. I've gone a bit Nigella mad and made a chestnut and chocolate cake, a rhubarb and blueberry meringue and mini pavlovas with blueberry sauce. I do love meringues so much they're so easy to make and yet so scrummy.


I'm getting out my best china and got some lovely little green flowers from the supermarket last night (I'm not sure what they are so I won't embarrass myself by trying to name them). I've arranged them in shot glasses and will placed down the center of the table.


I ordered some new labels last week to put on my creations and they arrived on Saturday morning. I love them they're neat and pretty and make me feel more like a proper designer.


This week my Mr LCD is working evenings so I'll have a lot more crafting time and I may even take pictures of some of my work to share.


Now I'm going to leave you with my delphiniums which have flowered for the second time this year, this week. I love blue flowers, in fact I love all flowers, well maybe not roses as rose bushes are so ugly when they aren't flowering. Any way back to my beautiful delphiniums it is almost Halloween and I've spring flowers in my garden, it fills me with joy to have such lovely things to look at.


Well I better finish cooking lunch, as everyone's arriving in an hour and I've not got any make-up on or done my hair.


2 comments:

Melissa Goodsell said...

I do love meringues - yours look yummy!
Melx

lupin cottage designs said...

oh they were lovely, they went down a treat.