Saturday 22 September 2007


Today was my first day off for over a week and I've been working 12 hour days getting some overtime in ready for my holidays.

You'd think that by today I'd be ready for a rest, but no I was wide awake by 6.30 this morning thinking about a pincushion tutorial I saw online at work yesterday. (while on a break, not while I was working you understand)


I had some cafetiere covers which when I felted them were too small to be cafetiere covers. I'd had an idea to maybe use them on cushion covers as pockets but at 6.30 this morning I'd located them in my overflowing craft room and started cutting them up.

Now I'm not that proud of my results, the sections could be more even but my mum likes hers and I got them finished before 8 this morning.They're a quick make and not that much effort.More practise is in order but I'll defiantly be doing these again.

I've also taken some pictures today of my newly finished corsages most of which I'll be putting on flickr then on Etsy. I've not been on flickr for ages but I do find it hard working full time, making things and keeping up to date with my posting and photography.

I've also had some good news my brothers a bit of a web designer and he's designed me a shop so I can start selling in English pounds. Which will be nice because most of the people I've spoken to about Etsy are put off by the dollar thing. I'm getting the full reveal tomorrow so I'll tell you how it looks and maybe I'll get the link installed on my blog by next weekend.


Now I'm going to leave you with a final look at one of my pincushions.

The teal one is the one my mum chose, as her thank you for colouring my hair present.




3 comments:

Melissa Goodsell said...

Thankyou for linking my recipe blog :O)
You've got some fabulous work and creations on your blog, such yummy things to look at.
Cheers
Mel

lupin cottage designs said...

hi melissa, Thanks for your note and kind comments. Its a pleasure to include your blog link on my site I want to make all the recipes you feature, they all look fab.

sarah

Melissa Goodsell said...

Thanks again Sarah - I'll link you on my craft blog too :O)
Mel