Sunday 16 September 2007

Pretty Things from the Knit Show

I went to the knit show on Thursday and my Mum and I had so much fun.


The first year we went to the knitting and stitch show at the NEC it was full of older ladies in very unattractive knitted suits with pleated skirts. This year it wasn't like that at all it was fantastic.


As well as the independent shops selling very cheep bead findings and wools there were independent crafters showing what they do it was very inspirational.


My Mum and I did a tutorial on coil pots which I'll defiantly be having a go at when I've got some spare time.


We also did the Rowan and Paton's fashion show where the knitting was lovely. When we went in we got free bags full of fun things like a pack to make Innocent smoothie hats for charity.



We also got a book showing all the Paton's knit patterns that they currently do. The fashion show did inspire me to buy two new Rowan knit books of which I really love the Kid silk dreams book I'll be knitting this on my holidays in November and I can't wait.



I didn't buy the yarn to go with the patterns but I've a very fine cream mohair which I will use instead.


I was very restrained on Thursday and didn't buy any yarn at all. There were plenty of fancy yarns that tempted me but that would of meant lots more odd balls in my stash. I did however buy new beads which I'll be using later today to make some pretty necklaces and bracelets.


Then I bought some new jewellery findings and corsage backs which will also be used this afternoon. Both my mum and I had lovely day and I carn't wait for next year.

No comments: