Sunday 13 January 2008

I've been busy

These are my new shoes I love them but made the mistake of wearing them to work on Friday when we had buckets of rain. My mum gave me a good telling off... why is it no matter how old you are your parents can still make you feel like a teenager?

This picture is taken of my new shoes on my hand made rag rug. I will warn you it wasn't the most time efficient thing I've ever made. I started it when I first got married and then three years later when we bought our house I finished it.

Today was a finishing off day and a tidying day. I've tidyed my studio and knitted some cashmere samples from the yarn I got last Thursday and now they are in washer to see how they felt up so I can start making cushion covers.
I also decided to use my free afternoon to sort through my almost finished bags. You notice I say bags. I have many half made bits in my studio because I love the knitting but not so much the finishing. I also motivated myself into doing my mending it wasn't much but I had been putting it off for about six months.
Now my studio is almost clear and I've got a small new pile of finished bits and I feel all clear to start new projects like little knitted chenille hearts for valentines day.

New hot water bottle covers



New cakes

Knitted flannels

2 comments:

Just Original said...

It sounds like you have taken the bull by the horn as many other fellow bloggers are doing this month, good on you, I hope you are feeling better for doing it!

Melissa Goodsell said...

Oh these are so lovely...I'm especially in love with the cupcakes..gorgeous work!
Melx