Saturday 19 January 2008

A day to myself


Today I was woken by the papers when they landed on my sleeping tummy and a cup of tea. How lovely you think? Mr lcd sounds like a keeper... Well so did I until I looked at the clock and saw it was half past 5 in the morning. I'd forgotten he was working today.

I still can't decide if it was a lovely gesture or he just wanted me to get up because he had too.

So I sat with my cup of tea in bed, I was wide awake now you understand, reading my favorite morning papers the News of the World for the celebrity d list scandal and the Mail on Sunday for the weekly out rage of how England's deteriorating and the oh so lovely You magazine full of fashion, other peoples lovely houses and very calorific Sunday baking. I'm low brow and shallow but that what Sundays are for especially as I'm not eating chocolate anymore.

In the end I got up about 9.30, after a little doze, had my diet breakfast, Greek yogurt, dried fruit and toast this week and the retired to my studio to take advantage of my me time.

I have no pictures of what I've been up to but I show the finished articles later this week. I managed to knit 3 cashmere cushion covers in pale beige, pink and blue. Which are now in the washing machine felting, ready to be made up on Tuesday or Thursday. I think I'll finish them with the tiny buttons or the wide grey ribbon I got in Matlock.

I don't know why I'm choosing as I've still got enough yarn left to knot about 5 blankets, so I can do both options but what to do first? I'm impatient and want to see the finished article now, as I'm already thinking about ten more projects I want to work on.

I've also put in an order with my brothers girlfriend to pick me up some more cashmere when she's at mason mills this week. I maybe going a bit mad but it's so nice to knit with and washes so well.

I've also knitted six new cupcakes this weekend and completed a sample for cables black chenille cushion covers. I'm thinking either bright pink or slate grey buttons.

Now I'm going to switch off for a bit. I've got on my vitamin replacement face mask and I've run a hot bubbly bath so now I will love you and leave you and contemplate my lovely day.

1 comment:

Just Original said...

Oh I'd love a day like that, apart from the 5.30 morning call. You sound like you have been very productive!