Sunday 25 November 2007

I know it's still November

I've been busy, I know it's still November but last Christmas kind off caught me by surprise so this year I've been very organised. I've written all my Christmas cards, bought and wrapped almost all my Christmas presents and I've almost finished all the hand made gifts I'm giving.


I thought I'd share with you some ideas for quick and easy recipes that every single person I know will be receiving from Mr l.c.d and myself. Obviously not the children we know, they will get the biscuits, not the Vodka.


For the Vodka recipes I used Sainsbury's value vodka, normally I'm quite choosy about the Vodka I drink but once this is made you wouldn't be able to tell between this and the much more expensive brands. I also bought my Berry's from Boots they do 75g packs of blueberry's and cranberry's for 99p which is much cheaper than any dried Berry's I've seen in the supermarkets.


When giving the Vodka as a gift I like to include a couple of shot glasses... as my 20's were quite miss spent, I've managed to collect quite a few which I now like to share out.


The first recipe I made was Blueberry and Cranberry Vodka But you can make this just using cranberry's.
ingredients;

350ml Vodka


200g Sugar


75g of dried berry's


1 orange, grated zest and juice.
Put everything in a sauce pan for 20 minuets heating slowly and not allowing it to boil. Wait for the liquid to cool the put back in the vodka bottle it came in. Making sure all the labels are removed, then label and decorate to your own taste. Shake before drinking..


Vanilla and Lemon Vodka





ingredients;
350ml Vodka
200g Sugar
1/2 tsp of good quality Vanilla essence
2 Lemons, grated zest and juice.
1 or 2 vanilla pods split in half depending on taste




Make up as the recipe above.

Spicy Shortbread



Ingredients;
225g unsalted butter,
75g caster sugar
275g plain flour
1 tsp of ground mixed spice
grated zest of 1 orange
75g of ground almonds
preheat oven to gas mark 4
Mix the butter and caster sugar together until the colour of the mixture lightens. Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well. Roll the dough into a ball, you may need to add a bit more flour to do this but don't go mad.. Roll the dough to the required thickness and cut out the biscuits in fun Christmas shapes (I like Christmas trees) and cook for between 20 minutes and half an hour, you know they are done when the edges start turning brown and they feel firm to touch.
Take out the oven and decorate once they are cool, I like using Green and Blacks white chocolate. Seal in an air tight container and distribute to everyone and anyone you know...

Merry Christmas.... I'm getting excited, can you tell. If only finding the perfect Christmas party outfit was so easy. I'll leave you with a picture of Spain which I think looks quite Christmassy

No comments: