Sunday 25 November 2007

Back from Spain

Hi I'm back off my holiday and feeling all refreshed. we had fabulous weather except for the last day and a half when it didn't stop raining.
The villa we stayed in was lovely, it belongs to a friend of my Dad's and had its own private pool, which was nice, except when you stopped moving your toes would drop off as it was so cold. The pool was lovely in all the pots round the pool there were lemon lime and grapefruit trees.
Spain in November is lovely, I've never really been a big fan of Spain, it was too brown and dried out but then I've always been in the summer before. In November it's green and lush with temperatures at about 20-22 degrees. There's not too many holiday makers except for the older people who spend their summers in Spain.
I've bit of a tan and feel a lot calmer and happier about life. I didn't really realise how much I needed a break, luckily for me my Mum and Dad did.
Thanks parents I do really appreciate it.

Mum and Dad also took me for Nerja for the day which is where they normally holiday in Spain. If you ever have the chance go as it was so pretty, not built up like most resorts are in Spain. Most of the hotels are right next to the beach which is unspoilt shingle. We went for lunch at their favorite restaurant on the beach where we ate paella as you have to while in Spain with a bottle of wine the food was all cooked over open fires and cooked right in front of you. It was lovely but would of been better if I wasn't wearing white trousers as I managed to drop two prawns on my lap so I had to walk round in dirty trousers for the rest of the day, I looked incredibly sophisticated...

I did get some knitting done I'm knitting myself a turquoise cardigan which I've designed myself its knitted in a wool mohair on relatively large needles it'll be v-necked when finished and will fasten with a great big turquoise ribbon when its all finished.

Next time I post I've some quick and easy Christmas presents I'm going to share.

No comments: