Wednesday 25 July 2007

bags and baking





This week my brothers celebrated his 26th birthday he had a party last saturday his local pub with party games and fairy cakes. I was honored with the job of creating 200 fairy cakes for 60 of his closest friends.
Rob did get the best birthday present ever for himself and his girlfriend which was the cutest cocker spaniel pup which they've called Tiff she is so gorgeous I think I've fallen in love...
I've finished knitting three more bags one in a pale blue boucle with multi coloured flecks, one pale blue brushed acrylic bag with a patterned lace detail and one mohair purple bag this week as well as a new scarf. I've just got to get them lined and they'll be ready to go.
Today I've started a new set of cushion covers in a purple blue wool on my knitting machine which eventually will have embroidery and flowers once I've felted them.
While watching heroes on BBC2 I also managed to knit half a bag in the pales pink mohair which promises to be very pretty when finished I've changed my design slightly and think i may thread a ribbon round the body of the bag.
This description of my weeks work makes it sound as if I've knitted loads, but really what I've been doing is finishing projects that have been lying around for months. It is so satisfying to get things finished and organised because then I can start new projects like the cushion covers I started this evening.

No comments: