Thursday 27 March 2008

Current projects

I've managed to get some photo's taken of new bits and pieces I'm working on. The first is a tea cosie design based around my cupcake designs.I'm not 100% happy with it yet it still needs lining. I'm thinking a pale pink cotton jersey. I'm going to decorate it with with beads or tiny buttons. I'm thinking a knitted flower for the center. Ill make a decision later tonight when I can sit and think in my studio.


Next are my new Lavender Cakes. I've six in the pipe line ready to sew together decorate and stuff with lavender. I'm thinking of doing my cakes with different fillings depending on the colour of the icing, yellow icing lemon smelling cakes, pink icing raspberry's... you get the idea.



Next my mums mothers day present still not finished but I've promised mum it'll be all finished by Sunday. I've not much to do... just finish knitting the front, knit a half belt, find 3 buttons and sew hook and eyes all up the front to fasten. Luckily Torchwood is on the BBC tomorrow night so I'm looking at a serious push to get the knitting part of the project finished. Oh I forgot to mention my new needles from Loop which I'm using to get it finished, it makes such a difference knitting on pretty needles.



Finally here is the new hat I finished at the weekend the pattern was from 101 designer one skein wonders. It was an quick knit taking me about 3 hours with just 3 pattern repeats. I did have to concentrate on each row but it used less than one skein of yarn. I'm now left with one and a quarter skeins to make something else maybe a littel scarf in the same lavender lace pattern. The yarn I used was, ggh wollywasch which is 100% pure wool and is £3.00 for 50g from loop it was lovely to work with and comes in very rich vibrant colours. It can also go through the washer at a 30 degree wash.



I'm leaving you know with a picture of my mum modeling my new hat.

2 comments:

Just Original said...

Love the colours of that hat!

Melissa Goodsell said...

Wow, I think you've been really busy with all your knitting projects lately. They are so gorgeous too - I can't choose a favourite, but that hat does look super cozy.
Melx