Tuesday 25 March 2008

Happy Easter

I know I'm a bit late but I was whisked off for a long weekend in London by Mr LCD.

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and received lots of Easter Eggs. I received 3, a malteser one from work. From my husband I received a butterscotch green and blacks egg (yum, just what I'd been nagging for) and a little princess egg, which was in the sale when he popped to sainsburys on Monday morning.
You may gather that this weekend wasn't a diet weekend.
I did complete lots of knitting this weekend. I finished one front of my Mum's mothers day preset but had left the rest of my yarn at home, so I've still not finished it. I started knitting a pair of socks and made myself a beanie out of the lovely yarn I purchased from Loop. I also read a book called Divas don't Knit which was a fun easy read.
The reason I got so much reading and knitting done was because we were visiting Mr LCD friends and family. They are kind and make me feel very welcome but they do talk in Albanian for the most part and watch lots of Albanian t.v which consists of lots of Albanian singing and not that funny comedy sketches. Every time we visit I take little projects to do after I spent one very long weekend feeling very bored and neglected.
We stayed with Mr LCD's cousin and his family who live behind this very fancy door;

I have fallen in love with his 5 year old daughter. She wore the bunny ears we got her all weekend and cried on Friday night when she had to get changed out of the outfit we'd got her into her pajama's. She is the sweetest child I've ever met and if I could guarantee my child would be like her I'd have 3 now. Her English is also fantastic since her Mum and Dad only spoke Albanian at home I did worry that when she started school she'd be behind the other children in her class but she's clever and funny and has fitted straight in at school with no problems.

We did have a day by ourselves on Monday where I got to go shopping and visit Liberty's and Covent Garden. Then I managed to leave my Debit Card in House of Frazer so that stopped my shopping in its tracks much to Mr LCD's relief..
It also snowed pretty much all weekend but it didn't settle unfortunately.
I also managed to drag my husband into loop on Friday, he was very surprised at how busy and lovely it was. I bought 2 new sets of needles and some lovely wool, which I'll share in the next blog as what I made is in the washing machine.I think I may be changing his mind about me opening a little shop selling wool and bits and bobs. There is nothing in Derby/Derbyshire that would compare to loop. The shop in town sells lots of acrylics but isn't the kind of place you'd go to look for beautiful yarn.

3 comments:

Just Original said...

Sounds like you had a fab weekend! I can imagine how happy your hubbo was at leaving your debit card in HOF! Can't wait to see some of your creations!

Melissa Goodsell said...

I'm glad you had a lovely time away. I ate far too many easter eggs too :))
Melx

c.Rachel said...

kids do have an amazing way of picking up language, don't they?

Wow, a man in a yarn store? My husband usually just drops me off at the local craft store. =)

Can't wait to see what you did with the wool.