Sunday 27 April 2008

Finished knitted bits

I've managed to get some pictures of some finished knitting at last. This is meant to be a knitting blog after all.

Firstly my new cashmere cushions for my lounge in pink and pale blue with a shot of beige. I did knit these up a while ago but didn't get round to finishing them. Now they are decorated with a grey satin finished ribbon and assorted buttons all sourced from Mason Mills in Matlock Derbyshire. Now all I've got to do is stop Mr LCD using them as trays when he has his dinner...

Next a tea cosy in black and white decorated with white buttons sourced from eBay. It has a pearly king and queen feel to it and made my Dad laugh out loud when he saw it on Saturday.

Finally another Tea Cosy in teal, blue and grey decorated with blue buttons and a blue pom-pom.

I'm feeling quite please with myself this week lots of finished bits and pieces have now been cleared out the way. I'm now ready to start new projects.

I'm going to have to hold off on the cashmere cushions with big turquoise flowers as I've managed to hurt my back again which means I can't use my knitting machine for a while.

I've started knitting myself a scarf using yarn I picked up in Venice a few years ago I was saving it to use on a really special project but I've decided since I love it so much it'd be nice to use it for something I'll wear every day rather than it sitting in my yarn basket for 3 more years.

I've started knitting a black evening bag ready for a wedding I've got in May. I also want to do some more quilting I've got the fabric I just need to find the time...

2 comments:

Laura said...

Your cushion is beautiful, I hope you get lots of pleasure from leaning on it :) I just found you by flook looking for indirepublic on google and you and me are the only links! I don't know if i'm spelling it wrong but i can't find it. Well at least I found a new blog :)

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.