Thursday 25 September 2008

once a week is an improvement

This week I've been busy thinking of Christmas presents Amazon UK have 50% off cook books at the moment including pre-order for the new Nigella and Jamie books which 'll make great presents for a couple of people I know.I might keep the Nigella for me through.
I've also knitted a cushion cover.


Tip if you've not enough yarn left to do the turn over, tie your cushion shut with a couple of ribbons and then they are easy to remove when washing. Pretty and practical.


I've started knitting a set of wash cloths for my mum's new kitchen. Easy to knit in squares using any double sided pattern in any cotton yarn you have left over a great way to use up odd balls of yarn you have left over. I knit mine on a size 10 needle and cast on about 40 stitches then knit till it's square cast off all but the last 4 stitches then knit those until you have enough to make a loop.


Finally I've been making pincushions as a stocking filler which may turn it's self into a sewing kit for my brothers girlfriend.

No comments: